What to do around our bed and breakfast ?
Aux trois maillets, an exceptional geographical location +
|Our guest rooms have a privileged position in the mining of Artois. Not far from the Canadian National Vimy Memorial, the cemetery of Notre-Dame of Loreto and the Louvre-Lens, Aux trois maillets wants the place, the essential starting point for visiting the Nord-Pas-de-Calais basin and particularly of Artois, with so many historical relics.|
The Canadian Memorial Park at Vimy +
Built between 1925 and 1936 on the site of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, it is the result of work by Canadian artists. The two pillars, representing Canada andFrance, culminating 40 meters above the base of the monument.
The land of the Memorial and the hundreds of acres surrounding it weregiven to Canada by France in 1922, expressing his gratitude for the sacrifices of the 66,000 Canadians made?during the Great War and the victory Canadian troops in conquering Vimy Ridge in April 1917. Around the monument Wooded parklands trees and shrubs native to Canada.
Monument Park and the Canadian National Vimy Memorial
Phone : +0033 (0)3 21 50 68 68
Fax : +0033 (0)3 21 58 58 34
Official website of the Canadian National Vimy Memorial
Open every day except December 25 and January 1 :
From May 1 to October 31 : 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ;
November 1 to April 30 : 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The monument of the Canadian Memorial Park Canadian National Vimy Memorial is located at 4.4 km from the hotel Aux trois maillets and from our guest rooms.
Notre-Dame of Lorette +
An area of?25 hectares, the cemetery of Notre-Dame de Lorette is thelargest French military cemeteries : 40 058 bodies are buried in individual graves and ossuaries in September. The square has 576 Muslim graves facing towards Mecca.
The lantern tower (the lighthouse visible for miles around) has a crypt that collects the bodies of thousands of unidentified soldiers. The first stone was laid June 19, 1921 by Marshal Petain. The base of the lantern tower (52 meters) is a square 12 meters on each side. The building was inaugurated by the President of the Board, Paul Painlevé, August 2, 1925.
The chapel - the Roman-Byzantine style - is the work of Louis Cordonnier. It measures 46 meters long and 14 meters wide.
For more information, contact the Secretariat of the Association du Monument de Notre-Dame de Lorette, +0033 (0)3 21 45 15 80.
The Living Museum of Notre-Dame of Lorette is located on the hill, 200 meters from the chapel. It features more than 2,000 collectibles and works to rebuild the lives of soldiers as part of the Great War, with the reconstruction of underground shelters, telephone facilities, aid stations and other specific local.
Visit the museum and field : every day from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., February 1 to December 15.
Off-season by appointment at +0033 (0)3 21 45 15 80.
Page dedicated to the Necropolis of Notre-Dame of Lorette (Ministry of Defense and Veterans Affairs)
Notre-Dame of Lorette is located 5.7 km from the hotel Aux trois maillets and from our guest rooms.
The museum Louvre-Lens +
Collections will be presented on a temporary and cross by bringing together what in Paris is set by departments, for schools, for techniques.
Lens Louvre Museum will focus on making the work visible and visitable. It'll allow the public to understand the "secret life" of its jewels.
Louvre-Lens is a museum of the twenty-first century, a museum in all its components, in all his roles, artistic, social, educational.
The Louvre-Lens is located 6.0 km from the hotel Aux trois maillets and from our guest rooms.
The abbey of Mont Saint-Eloi +
The abbey of Mont Saint-Eloiis located, as its name suggests, in the town of Mont St. Eloi, west of Arras. It dominates the surrounding countryside and offers a magnificent view towards Arras.
Of the abbey built from theeleventh century, it remains today as the two towers of thewest facade. These towers had originally five floors, which reached 53 meters in height.
The abbey was used as a lookout during the Great War. She suffered the bombing that destroyed the top floor, reducing the building height to 44 meters.
If the first two floors are made of sandstone, the next two were built in "white stone", that is to say, chalk, abundant in the region.
The abbey of Mont Saint-Eloi is located 12.3 km from the hotel Aux trois maillets and from our guest rooms.
Wellington Memorial in Arras +
The Wellington Memorial is a place of memory and history. He paid tribute to British veterans of the Battle of Arras of April 9, 1917. Canadians, Australians and also the tunnel in New Zealand, to whom we owe in large part, the development of 22 km of underground paths, from one career to another, dug with the techniques used by minor civilians. The careers of Arras also housed a hospital underground, well insulated galleries in which the soldiers lived.
The garden of remembrance and memorial wall has been designed in memory of the Regiments of the First, Third and Fifth British armies.
Steeped in history, the path of the tunnel is constructed in a discovery of the vast network of defense, which allowed the British to surprise and attack the German front line April 9, 1917. In this place of memory, but also the lives of 24,000 soldiers of this box is traced.
Museum Wellington - Arras
Phone : +0033 (0)3 21 51 26 95
Open daily from 10 am to 12:30 and 13:30 to 18 h.
Normal rate : 6 € 60
Reduced : € 3
The museum and the careers of Arras Wellington is located 15.5 kilometers from the hotel Aux trois maillets and from our guest rooms.
Interesting links +
Interesting links to nearby cities and interesting tourist point of view